18 October 2006

someone, just let me sleep in for a day. the ramblings of a kiss-assy worker.

I am tired. Just got back from a client event, and...I'd just like a day where I can sleep past 6. That'd be nice.

Even nicer would be a few days to sleep without waking up to the melodious tunes of my fucking annoying alarm clock. But, that's just the slacker in me talking. I'll get over it tomorrow when I'm at work fielding 3 phone calls at a time and trying to respond to the hundreds of emails that flow through my inbox because well...when it comes to client related stuff, everything is urgent and needs to be actioned IMMEDIATELY. Right?

Man, I miss ADub. I can't wait for her to come back from vacation.

Looking forward to soccer practices starting soon. Can't wait to get out there and run around like a maniac. I'm still recovering from a cold, and as a result, haven't been very active. Last time I ran, I was moving at an 8:45 mile pace over the course of 4 miles. I'd really like to get to an average pace of an 8 minute mile over the course of 5 miles. Then, I'll amp up the mileage. Who knows? I might get to 26.2 miles at some point. First, let me get over this damn cold though because it's kicking the shit out of me.

I invited G to the client event tonight, and he mentioned on his way out that "work" me is a completely different person from "normal" me. Apparently, "normal" me doesn't give a shit about anything or what anyone thinks, but "work" me is very "kiss-assy." Look, I didn't make up that word -- he did.

4 comments:

  1. I always thought it was "ass-kissy" not the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, u were hilarious as work-you … “one person can coordinate everything for you and figure out who are the responsible parties … blah, blah, blah “

    You are funny :-)

    G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, very different type of person when in work attire :)

    ReplyDelete