06 October 2006

Full fat milk

My team celebrated a birthday today with fat free milk and brownies. As one of the analysts reached for the milk, she announced that she had never had fat free milk before.

I responded, "What do you normally drink, full fat milk?"

There was a small pause, and then someone said, "You mean, you always drink whole milk?"

I realised that there's no such thing as full fat milk - I had made that name up in my head.

Then, someone in the back piped up, "Yeah, if that was what they called whole milk, milk would be spoiling on the shelves. It's not exactly the best marketing ploy..."

Yeah yeah yeah. I make up my own words. It comes from the third grade, when I suddenly realized that compound words were compounded for a reason. You know, words like playground -- ground children play on. Although I'm still scratching my head over toadstool. I've yet to see a toad use a stool.

1 comment: