31 December 2009

Living in Disneyland

Hong Kong has a Disneyland. It's the smallest out of all the parks, but it's there. I've heard it's a huge Chinese tourist draw, with tons of mainlanders visiting per year. My mom told me that when the park first opened, so many mainlanders arrived to visit that the park stopped allowing people in. It almost incited a riot as mainlanders began scaling the walls in an attempt to bypass the ticket booth. Who does that? Like I said, only Chinese people would think this shit up.



At any rate, R's mom has been living at the Victorian style resort hotel in Disneyland for the last three years. I'd explain more, but you'd never believe me, so I'll just leave it at that. If you knew R's mom, it'd make perfect sense.

My parents are about a 30 minute drive and an hour train ride from Disney, so I went over there to have lunch with R today. For more pictures of Disneyland and my afternoon with R, visit the album.

R and me:


Disneyland has its own subway station, complete with its own subway car with mouse shaped windows and hangstraps.






How very Disney.

No comments:

Post a Comment