08 December 2009

An awesome hair salon in Hong Kong!!!

I am in desperate need of a haircut. After a month of moving, 5 weeks camping out of my car, and then a month settling into northern California, my hair needs HELP!

I've been putting off a haircut for the following reasons:
1. I didn't trust anybody to do my hair but the hair guy I've been seeing in NYC for the last 6 years,
2. My hair guy didn't charge that much, but he gave amazing cuts. I'd have to pay $300 just to get a similar cut anywhere else,
3. My brother's getting married, and if my hair gets screwed up, there won't be time for it to grow back.

Well, I can't hold out any longer. I finally pulled the trigger and went to visit Namir at Hanim Hair Salon in Hong Kong. For HKD150 (divide by 8 to figure out the approximate US dollars), she managed to replicate my NYC hair guy's square layer cut. That was all I wanted in a haircut -- no one to reinvent the wheel, just someone to give me the same haircut I've been getting for the last 5 years. It was perfect, and the price was right.

If you're ever in Hong Kong, give Namir at Hanim Hair a call at 64487171. She's absolutely fantastic.

2 comments:

  1. Well i called the Salon and i was going to get my hair colored Jet Black and they dont even do that. They cant do ANYTHING. lol. what a waste of my time calling this number. This Salon doesnt do sh*t and when you talk to the person on the phone she sounds so un interested like she hates her job

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been there before and would also definitely recommend. Alas, I am not permanently in HK, so I went a while back, but can no longer get through!
    Any idea where she has moved to or her new number please? Thank you for your help!

    ReplyDelete