03 December 2009

In one ear and out the other

Dad's stressed me out so much that I wasn't sure if I could stay the full five weeks. Fortunately, my brother K helped me put things in perspective:

"We all know dad is dad. We know that dad wants what he believe is best for us, all parents are like that. Parents believe that their children are a product of their life, teachings, etc, so we just need to recognize that. I think all dad ever wanted for us is that we have a good education, get a good job, get married, have children, live happily ever after. I don't think he would ask for anymore... and well based on that criteria we both know that you aren't batting very well at this very moment. So from his perspective it's personal to him and he probably feels like he is failing as a parent.

Dad is getting old ,so i think you just have to let him talk sometimes. ...Afterall they are just words. How much harm could they possibly do right?"

K's right. Just in one ear, and out the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment