19 September 2006

Coup in Thailand

WTF. Thai people are among the most generous, nicest, respectful people I've visited. The two times I've visited the country, Thais have shown pride and love for their country and a sense of loyalty to and respect for their King. Apparently, they don't feel the same away about their governing bodies. This has been building up for some time.

While this political change is probably somewhat overdue, a coup will have devastating consequences for the Thai economy. The baht tanked today, and it'll probably take some time for investors to have confidence in the market again. Hopefully, this will not have any negative side effects for the markets of neighboring SE Asian countries.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know what's going on. I do know I really like the abbreviation "WTF". Is it called an abbreviation, or is it something else?

    p.s. I DID update my blog and yes I am too busy combing my hair and watching Flava Flav to uphold the responsibilities of a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure if it's an abbreviation or an acronym.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i belive it is an acronym. an abbreviation would have been "f*ck". could be wrong on that one too.

    ReplyDelete