24 August 2006

Rhode Island

Island Sports just called to say my roofrack and quiver bag aren't in yet. Guess it's not worth making the drive all the way to Newport.

It's unfortunate, as I was looking forward to the roofrack and bag so I don't have to make the choice between friends and equipment when I go sailing.

Here's a picture of my car, the Puny Pony. It's the little one on the very right. [Picture removed for the Pony's protection.]

I took this picture almost two years ago - the City of New York issued me a parking ticket for something like $80 (I can't remember the exactly amount) because I was diagonally parked in an area of the street that did not have a sign that said I was allowed to do so

It was both confusing and annoying because, in case you can't tell, all the other cars to my car's right were diagonally parked, and no one else received a ticket.

I took this picture and sent it in with my contested ticket, and the judge lowered the ticket amount that I owed to something like $65 (I think) but ruled that I was still in violation because there was no sign saying diagonal parking is allowed.

To this day, I'm still confused and annoyed about it.

Almost as annoyed as the time I was ticketed $80 something for not paying the meter while parked there. Except that I was parked there on a Sunday and the sign next to the meter said 1 hour meter parking except on Sundays. When I contested the ticket, the judge ruled that I was in violation of metered parking and that I had to pay an additional $15-20 (again, I can't remember) on top of my initial ticket cost for contesting the ticket.

The parking ticket system is a total scam here, and a major source of revenue for the City.

No comments:

Post a Comment