03 August 2006

Lockamy thinks I'm crazy

I haven't been to the gym in days, and when I don't exercise, my energy levels get really low. To counter that, I eat crap, which in turn makes me more tired. As a result, I'm even less motivated to work out. It becomes a nasty downward spiral.

Today, I'm craving coffee and chocolate (having given up smoking). Lockamy suggested that I use my lunch break to hit the gym. Um...what lunch break? She's of the misguided belief that all employees are entitled to an hour lunch break and two 15 minute breaks during the day. Sure, it looks good on paper...but who actually does that? Everyone on the team works while eating lunch. If I started taking an hour off the desk every day, I'm sure it'd come up in my review and affect my comp, not to mention the hostility I'd receive from the rest of the team. I'd probably be asked to leave the firm.

But, to give Lockamy credit, I'd probably be a happier person if I could work out mid day. Healthier too. OK, I admit it. I'd be happier and healthier if I could leave early enough to hit the gym, eat dinner, and still get 6-7 hours of sleep. Right now, I'm averaging about 4-5 hours a night.

For the record, Lockamy is CRAZY. Take an hour lunch break? Pshaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment