18 August 2006

Lockamy and the movies

Lockamy's last day of work was on Wednesday. Either she's extremely mature for her age or I'm immature (I prefer to think the former), but she was a great person to sit next to so she'll be missed. I normally don't warm up the strangers at the workplace the way I did to her. Obviously, she feels the same way. Can't you tell by the expression she gets on her face when she talks to me?

She heads back to school next week, so I wanted to hang out before she left. She, one of her friends from high school, her two sisters and I went to see "Superman Returns in 3D" at the IMAX theatre in Lincoln Center. Her sisters are very sweet and smart -- fabulously precocious characters. And Lockamy is a very caring older sister. It was great to see the three of them together.

We got out late, and on the way home, Lockamy's youngest sister half fell asleep on the train. Guess old people wear out kids too.

As to what I thought of Superman Returns, laugh all you want, but I'll own up. Brandon Routh as Superman is kinda hot. The weird thing is, I don't think Brandon Routh the actor/person is hot. I think he's very handsome, but he's too pretty, too perfect, which makes him...kinda funny looking. Plastic.

Ok, look at it this way: If Anne Hathaway and Michael Imperioli had a love child, it would look like Brandon Routh. Just think about it for a second before you shoot the idea down...


Don't tell me you can't see it...

As Superman, however, he was super sexy. But, what I think I probably found sexy about him was the idea of a person like Superman (without the super powers). A guy who's smart, strong, has a lot of integrity, is loyal, honest, lives a lifetime of service, and is willing to sacrifice himself to protect those who can't protect themselves... Dude, that is hot. Oh, and it doesn't hurt to have smokin' blue eyes like Routh has in the movie. Although, I thought the Clark Kent character was a little cuter than Superman because the sexuality wasn't as blatant, and that in itself is kind of hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment