24 April 2007

Blank Slate Hedgies

Blank Slate Hedgies

Morning Show Talking Head: So tell us what drives hedge fund managers?

Hedge Fund Dude: It’s just never ending. Thinking about what is going to work next. I have a friend who is worth $150 million who is working some new ideas for a fund.

Talking Head: If I had $150 million, the last thing I would do is start a hedge fund.

Hedge Fund Dude: That’s why you don’t have $150 million.
....

I’ve...met my share of hedgies. The common thread that runs through us all is a personality disorder. The only way I can describe it is sort of an inner George Costanza – working hard to stay shallow. Here are a few guiding principles:

• Don’t believe in anything.
• Let the world happen and then pass judgment.
• Bias leads to disaster.
• Be emptyheaded and fleet of foot.
• Change your mind often.
• Observe and critique, 24/7.

No comments:

Post a Comment