15 April 2007

White water rafting at Bulls Bridge

PW and I went white water rafting on Class IV rapids at Bulls Bridge today despite the nor'easter ravaging the eastern starboard. It wasn't the most comfortable white water experience ever given the snow and ice, but it was a lot of fun. Yes, even when our raft tipped and I was one of the three people that fell out. (I was rescued by a safety kayak.) PW managed to be the only person besides our guide that stayed in the raft.

I put on a Patagonia tank, a thick neoprene rashguard, a long wetsuit, a thin long sleeve fleece, a splash jacket, smartwool socks, high booties, a PFD, baseball hat and helmet, and managed to stay pretty warm. The only places where I was uncomfortable were my hands and feet, which felt like pins and needles the whole time. It's been 6 hours since we left CT, and my hands are still a little swollen from the exposure to the cold, but other than that, I am pleasantly exhausted. It has been a good day. Hopefully I'll have pictures for you soon -- someone on the trip promised to email me some.

1 comment:

  1. you two are insane. i cannot believe you rafted in this!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete