16 July 2007

Visiting Liz and Ann in Boston

I was in Boston last weekend visiting Liz and Ann. It's been a while since we've seen each other, so we convened in Ann's home town for a weekend.

Liz and I've been friends since our model UN days my sophomore year of college (go ahead, laugh), and we've seen each other through emotional ups and downs over time. These days, Liz lives in Toledo, OH.

I met Ann as a bridesmaid in Liz's wedding two years ago. (Liz has since separated and is in the process of finalizing her divorce.) She's an incredibly talented and creative and is currently a creative director at a marketing firm. She and her boyfriend live in the up and coming North End of Boston. Since I'm not that familiar with Boston, it was fun to explore it with Liz and Ann.

While I was there, I also had a chance to catch up with Jen, a friend from a former life in DC. I was at her wedding in Salem last year, and she's now working for IBM and fully settled into married life. She, husband and dog are in the process of looking for a bigger home.

After brunching with Jen, I met up with Liz and Ann on Newbury Street, where we all scooped up a pair of Marc Jacobs' platform sandals. (Ann has two pairs in different colors.) Mine was a beautiful jewel colored purple, and they're super cute. (Slightly different from the ones pictured here.)

I fell in love with Envi, an environmentally conscientious store that proves green clothing doesn't have to be granola, dreadlocks and birkenstocks. I left with a pair of chili red flip flops by Melissa, an eco-conscious company in Brazil that makes adorable shoes out of recycled rubber. We fawned over the resident dog at Envi, which crawled into our laps for lots of love.

We dined at Orinoco that night, a cosy neighborhood restaurant. We brunched at Toro the next morning before I headed back to NYC.

Boston
I liked the residential feel of the North End, and there's really nothing better than seeing friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment