21 July 2007

He said what?

I can't decide if I should keep running or not. On one hand, I received two marriage proposals after my run this morning, but on the other hand, I seem to attract the wrong sorts of men.

After the Run for Central Park four-miler this morning, I took my time leaving the Park.  On my way out, a homeless man sitting on a park bench told me I looked beautiful.  He asked if I'd marry him.

I took the train down to W 4th, and on my way back to my apartment, three homeless men were sitting on a stoop.  One of the was white, and the other two were black.  The white one tells me I'm beautiful and wants to know if I'd marry him.  It was my second marriage proposal of the day, so I had already had practice turning them down. As I walk by, I tell him that everyone wants to marry me, but that I have no interest in getting married.

Behind me, I heard the other two guys chortle, and one of them says to my rejected suitor, "It's because she don't want to marry no white guy."

No comments:

Post a Comment