04 March 2007

What I'd like to read

as soon as I get the chance.
The Old Way: A Story of the First People by Elizabeth Marshall Thomas. This book sounds amazing, and I can't wait to read about it.

Brief Encounters with Che Guevara by Ben Fountain. A collection of short stories.

I'm adding then to my ever growing list of books I'd like to read.

About two months ago, I finished this book. Mostly in the entire day's flying it took to get to Montana and the entire day's flying it took to get back from Montana. I rarely have the luxury of two whole days worth of reading, so it can take me a while to finish a book. Especially when it's dry. In this instance, it took me a year to finally finish it -- and it didn't get interesting until the last 200 pages (400 pages in) which covered the period prior to and during the American Revolution. I forgot how nice it was to just sit and read and not always be on the go.

I'm now reading this book. Since the subject matter is a little dense, I'm also reading this book to lighten things up. Needless to say, the latter is more fun to read so I'm much further along; at the rate I'm moving along, it'll probably take me several years to finish reading the former. After which, I'd like to tackle The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkin. Then, I might go back and reread The Closing of the American Mind by Allan Bloom because it's been a while since I've read it, and I'm a different (but same) person now. But, that's years away in terms of how quickly I read, so let's be realistic here. I'll let you know when/if it actually happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment