09 October 2009

Rain and snow? Er, it's not you, it's me.


I'm starting to wonder if it's me.

The weather was wonderful in the weeks preceding my cross-country adventure.  I was excited to experience fall.  Then, on the day I left New York City, the skies opened up.

But, it wasn't like the skies opened up in New York City, and I left the weather behind.  It's actually more like the skies opened up and then stayed open wherever I've managed to stop along my cross-country trip.  I haven't seen a lick of sun this entire trip, and I'm starting to wonder if there's a tiny rain cloud that follows my little gray Subaru wherever it goes.

K told me that when he and his wife drove from California to Boston, it snowed in Dallas.  I have to wonder, as I drive from New York to California, if it'll rain everywhere I go.  In which case, I'm very sorry New York, Ontario, Michigan, Ohio and Indiana.  Wisconsin had better watch out, because it's next.

No comments:

Post a Comment