22 March 2008

He said what?

Panhandler on the F train: Hello. Many of you recognize me or my sister since one of us comes through this train at least once a day. I am collecting donations of food, clothing or money to help the homeless. If you have food or clothing, please put your money back in your wallet. I would rather have the food and clothing. I guarantee that by the end of today, we will have given away all the food and clothes we received.

I was at the other end of the car. I raised my hand so he could see that I had a few bills to contribute.

Panhandler, once he reached the other end of the subway car: If you happen to be attractive, please put your money away and stand up and give me a hug instead.

I laughed and put my money in his bucket.

1 comment:

  1. Only you Sharon... only to you would this occur...

    ReplyDelete