18 November 2007

What I did this weekend

I was going to go to bed, but since Yems so kindly hinted I ought to post something, here's what I did this weekend.

Friday:
Pilates at 6:30am. Client meeting the first half of the day. Conference calls the second half of the day. Urgent issues the third half of the day. Off to New Haven.

If you wondered, no, I don't suffer from some bizarre New Haven fetish that compels me to drive there on my free Friday nights. Saturday was the Yale v Harvard game, and from what I understand from A, both schools were having an undefeated season so far.

(As of this telling, Harvard is having an undefeated season so far.)

A had already left for New Haven hours before, and I was to meet him there where he was having dinner with a bunch of fellow Yalies.

(Don't ask me to explain. I went to a small liberal arts school that had 2,100 students total. As in that's the number of students for the ENTIRE school. We didn't have greeks, football, and we barely had sports teams.)

Dinner was a rowdy affair at Morey's where we drank beer and other alcohol from ginormo trophy cups.  The game and tailgate party the following day was something I've never experienced before.

In some ways, seeing the school spirit and cameraderie that A has with his friends and alma mater make me wish that I had had a similar college experience.  I loved seeing him in his element.

No comments:

Post a Comment