09 November 2007

Back from Big Sky


I just returned from Big Sky, MT after a whirlwind ski/snowboard trip with KG and PW. Brrr.

Montana was cold and empty, and I wouldn't go back there during the winter again. The only friend we made was my snowboard instructor. During the summer, he's a wildlife biologist, and during the winter, he's a snowboarding instructor and cook at the only pub/restaurant that seemed to stay open past 6.

The resort town was really small and undeveloped. One night, we needed to go to the drugstore after dinner. My snowboard instructor had come out from the kitchen to hang with us, and he told us not to bother trying the drugstore, as it must be closed. The town's only pharmacist was at the bar behind us having a beer. How crazy is that?!?! It makes me appreciate how much things have changed these days, and how accessible things are on the east coast.

I've now snowboarded a total of five days over the course of my life, and I have nothing to snow for it except some whiplash and a sore butt! For more pictures of our time at Big Sky, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment