23 January 2008

Back from Costa Rica

I'm back in New York City.


The sunset from my tent.

I've spent the past week with the Costa Rica Rainforest Outward Bound School learning how to surf. We camped on an undeveloped portion of Playa Avellanas, a few steps from the beach and the water. I woke up to the sound of pounding surf every morning and knew that as soon as the sun rose, it'd be time for dawn patrol.


The entrance to our campground.


The view from my tent.

I'm a crap surfer, but I fell a little in love with surfing this week. There's something about sitting on the water at 6am and watching a good set of waves roll towards you. It felt right, like I hadn't a worry in the world. It was just me, my board, the water and the rising sun.

It's overwhelming being back in the city. After a week with no electricity, TV, iPods or computers, I'm a little overstimulated. There's too many people, too much activity and too much noise outside. I'm hiding out in my apartment today with the plan to gradually reassimilate tomorrow.

For more pictures of my week in Costa Rica, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment