04 March 2007

Random things I've been meaning to tell you about

but haven't found the chance until now.

Sorry I haven't been updating my blog on a regular basis. First, there was year end, which meant work was ridiculously busy. Then there was Charlotte, NC which was quite nice. Both of which were followed by Big Sky, Montana, where I learned to snowboard and met the cutest snowboard boy who for some strange reason wouldn't talk to me. And then, there was this phenomenom called month end, which is just another four letter word for a busy period at work. Oh, there was Bonaire, which completely crept up on me. In between month ends, I've also been working on several marketing and efficiency iniatives at work. This weekend was supposed to have been spent in Vermont, but that got called off at the last minute. While I'm sad that I'm not snowboarding Killington since I heard it scored 17 inches of snow on Friday, it works out well. I'm home with an ear infection, I've entirely lost my voice, and I've wanted to update my blog for some time and have been storing some things to share.

None of what I've mentioned above are valid excuses for my gross negligence when it comes to this blog -- in reality, I'm just a lazy bastard that's opted for sleep over posting pictures and entries -- but at least now you have a 5 seconds or less description of what I've been up to lately. Pictures and stories of Charlotte, Montana and Bonaire to follow -- some have already been posted but they're backdated, so you'll have to look in 2006 -- as soon as I can get my act together. In the meantime, here are some cool things for you to check out:

The Buggy Rollin' Suit -- Full body in-line skating suits at around $3,800 each. These contraptions allow the wearer to move at speeds up to 60mph while in any position imaginable. Yes, I said imaginable. Check out the official website and the video:




The Airscooter II - a $50,000 personal helicopter that doesn't require a pilot's license and is almost as easy to operate as a sitdown lawnmower. Two-seater models will be rolled out soon. Pretty cool, huh? Except for the price tag, that is. Here's a crappy quality video of it in action:




The HAL-5 trousers - Called a Hybrid Assistive Limb (HAL), this is an exoskeleton that applies electrodes to the wearer's nerves to provide superhuman strength. It was designed to make the world a better place . You know, search and rescue missions, heavy physical labor, yada yada, but come on. Everyone knows that this suit is just itching to fall in the clutches of some super hero villain. Spidey and Batman had better watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment